Wednesday 23 March 2011

Mail from Jimmy Yeoh  
<jimagic46@yahoo.com>


Guys,
Memorial Tribute to the Hughes, Plus Expressway Headquarters, Subang Interchange, Sunday,27th March, 4.00pm

Tan Sri Dato' Mohd Sheriff Mohd Kassim, Past President of OFA, KL and Selangor has risen to the occasion and kindly stepped up to support our planned Memorial Tribute to Mike and Jean Hughes by arranging for us to meet at the Plus Expressway Head Office which has a suitable meeting room to accommodate our entire group - though admittedly, I am still uncertain of the number who would turn up on Sunday as not many have actually confirmed their intention to attend the meet. I can only appeal to you guys to just drop me a note (even if you have confirmed earlier as, like Poh Soon, my email is choc-a-bloc with messages from everybody, re-directs etc that I am now utterly confused. As such appreciate you email me again to confirm your attendance to enable me to at least have sufficient drinks of coffee, tea or even plain water not to mention space for all. Please email immediately as I will want to communicate with Enc. Marwadi, the head of Facilities Management of Plus who is doing his best to accommodate us all. Once I have your confirmation (please advise if you also have other friends accompanying you), Enc Marwadi and I will have to do a bit of head scratching  to see how we can accommodate all - not to mention we will have to look at the possibility of those who will just walk in unannounced. Further, there are those (about 9 chaps) who have called me/smsed me or whatever to say they are coming except they hang up before I can ask for their names. I also wish to thank some of you who have either emailed me or smsed me separately to offer your assistance in contacting your classmates and friends from the PFS to ensure a larger turnout. I do hope that I can also count on all of you who are in this internet group to do your bit to help Rally the troops for our final salute to our "Big White Chief" and his wife.
Final details therefore,
1. Date - Sunday, 27th March 2011
2. Time - 4.00pm - 7.00pm
3. Venue - Training Centre, Plus Head Office, Subang, Subang Interchange
4. Directions - If you are approaching the Subang Toll Plaza on the Plus North South Highway from Kepong and Damansara, keep left and turn left immediately after exiting the Toll Plaza. This will lead you to the admin building, I beleive, where you can increase value on your toll cards and of course use the toilet. Proceed straight ahead - follow the signboard saying Persada PLUS to again turn left through a tunnel under the Highway. You will exit and approach the  rear gate  leading into the Plus Building. There is ample parking space for many cars.
If approaching from the Federal Highway, take the normal turn that leads you to Subang Airport and then turn left up the ramp that will take you to the Subang Toll Plaza. Keep left as you approach the Toll gate and turn left at about 100 meters from the Toll Plaza, into the FRONT Gate of the Plus HQ,
The Training Centre is located on the ground floor of the main (tallest) building.
To help you guys, attached here is a road map to ensure you don't get lost. Happy Treasure Hunting and don't be late.
I record here our very thanks to Tan Sri Dato' Mohd Sheriff Mohd Kassim for his very kind help.

Thank you all in advance and look forward to see as many of you as possible. Call me if need be but please identify yourselves please.
Fortis Atque Fidelis,
Jimmy Yeoh
Class of '62 (Form 5)
012-2352035

 Should you have any trouble locating the venue, please call Zam - 017- 333 3071

p.s. I have problems posting map to the venue here. Please let me know in the comments here and I shall email it direct to you. Meantime, I shall ask Huat Seng if he can assist and post it for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home